Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Friday Night Must




So...I have a new Friday night spot!
JoJo's on U St. Apparently the website is down or else I would post the link.
Every Friday Night there is this band called the "Just Us Band" featuring King Snake. These guys are awesome, MoTown, James Brown, Ottis Redding, Marvin Gaye...everything.
Got there around 9 o'clock and sat at a table with about 6 other people, originally planning to leave after about a drink. This band was soo good, I did not I leave until they were done playing (probably sometime around 1am.) Everyone in this little place was on their feet dancing and singing. I was amazed, and King Snake casually told me that it was like that every Friday.
Caution - the place is small, but the Margaritas and the Burgers to complement the music were delicious.

No comments: